Facts & Figures
The International Stadium Festival (ISTAF) in Berlin's Olympic Stadium is the biggest athletics meeting in the world. When looking at facts and figures, this one-day major event has plenty to offer:
- The ISTAF annually attracts 50,000 spectators to the Olympic Stadium in Berlin.
- Approximately 180 athletes from 40 countries compete in 15 disciplines.
- The television images are produced with 35 cameras and 3 control rooms and are broadcasted in more than 160 countries.
- 180 vision mixers, cameramen and editors take care of the national and international television coverage in their mobile broadcast control rooms in 15 OB vans - therefor 7,5km cables have to be laid.
- On three days 420 volunteers are in action and receive 640 packed lunches provided by EDEKA.
- NIKE provides 700 clothing kits for staff and volunteers.
- 3000 accreditations will be produced.
- 11,000 bottles of water will be drunk at the hotel and in the stadium.
- 35 flower bouquets for victory ceremonies, 260 flower arrangements for VIP areas as well as 500 plants for the infield are needed.
- 100 children will attend the ‘BSR Children’s Training’.
- 679 children will run on the blue tartan tracks of the Olympic Stadium during the school’s competitions.
- 35 dumpsters and 70 garbage bins ensure a clean stadium.
- 10,000 program booklets are printed.